Originally posted on Healthcare Informatics
It’s no longer me or my optimistic friend Gwen Darling shouting good news from the rooftop! Nope. It’s everywhere!
Recent data tells the true story.
The mid-year executive search industry outlook is positive according to a majority of consultants polled recently by the Association of Executive Search Consultants (AESC). The survey reveals that 67 percent of recruiters expect to see revenue growth in the second half of the year, while 27 percent predict revenues will stay the same. In total 94 percent are confident that they will see no decrease in demand for the remainder of the year. Nearly half the respondents plan to hire more consultants in the second half of the year. China, India andBrazil are expected to see the greatest scarcity of talent in the latter half of 2010, according to respondents. Functions continuing to see the greatest talent shortage are chief executive, chief operating officers andgeneral managers. “The latest results are indicative of an industry regaining strength following the downturn,” said Peter Felix, AESC president. “Client organizations are beginning to think more strategically and are working with our member search firms to draw senior executivesourcing plans for the future.
Once again there is talk of a talent shortagein certain industries and functions, even though unemployment levels remain high.” Healthcare/life sciences and energy/natural resources are reported tobe the strongest two sectors and are expected to see the most growth – followed closely by the industrial and financial services sectors.
Let the hiring begin!